Provisions from God for us today.
A. Provision of Eternal Life
1. God truly makes provisions for those who follow Him – the greatest provision He has
made for us is a plan to gain eternal life through the blood of His Son
13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. John 15:13
B. Provisions through Prayer
1. God has a way for us to communicate to Him, through our prayers we lay our fears,
needs, concerns and every other issue we may have at the feet of the Almighty. Through
answering our prayers God grants us provisions as according to His will. – Job makes
mention of how God cared for him especially during his trials
12 You have granted me life and favor, And Your care has preserved my spirit. Job 10:12
12 And the Lord said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your power; only do not lay a hand on his person.” So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord. Job 1:12
6 And the Lord said to Satan, “Behold, he is in your hand, but spare his life.” Job 2:6
C. Provisions through the Church & God’s Word
1. Through the Church & God’s Word we grow spiritually and emotionally.
2. Trials that could cripple a worldly person ought to be more easily handled by a
servant of God because of the blessings/provisions given to them by God and
through God’s Word (1 Cor 10:13).
13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. 1 Corinthians 10:13
1. God has provided us with many provisions in this life!
2. When’s the last time you considered what God has provided for you and thanked Him
for those provisions?
Provisions from the Shepherd
1. The Lord is our source of every good and righteous thing.
2. Today we will see how God provides and what He provides for us is truly a blessing -
1. There is no mistake that “you or thou” are references to God. It is God who provides
the true needs for His sheep.
2. The “provisions” of the world are temporary and often still leave us in need and
hurting (Proverbs 27:20, Ecc 2:11).
20 Hell and Destruction are never full; So the eyes of man are never satisfied.
11 Then I looked on all the works that my hands had done
And on the labor in which I had toiled;
And indeed all was vanity and grasping for the wind.
There was no profit under the sun. Ecclesiastes 2:11
3. The provisions God provides for us not only helps us in this life but also leads us to
trust in Him who in turn leads us to spiritual blessings and ultimately eternal life.
B. “…prepare a table before me…” the Lord provides & blesses (Psalm 78:19-29)
19 Yes, they spoke against God:
They said, “Can God prepare a table in the wilderness?
20 Behold, He struck the rock,
So that the waters gushed out,
And the streams overflowed.
Can He give bread also?
Can He provide meat for His people?”
21 Therefore the Lord heard this and was furious;
So a fire was kindled against Jacob,
And anger also came up against Israel,
22 Because they did not believe in God,
And did not trust in His salvation.
23 Yet He had commanded the clouds above,
And opened the doors of heaven,
24 Had rained down manna on them to eat,
And given them of the bread of heaven.
25 Men ate angels’ food;
He sent them food to the full.
26 He caused an east wind to blow in the heavens;
And by His power He brought in the south wind.
27 He also rained meat on them like the dust,
Feathered fowl like the sand of the seas;
28 And He let them fall in the midst of their camp,
All around their dwellings. Psalms 78:19-28
1. While many of our lives are fast paced and we are often running to keep up, the Lord
provides for us in the midst of this busy & difficult life. God blesses those who are
His servants with blessings that-sadly, sometimes go unnoticed.
a. When’s the last time you counted your blessings?
2. We can also see that the blessings of God are found here at a prepared table. A table
designed or prepared specifically for obedient servants of God.
C. “…in the presence of my enemies;” (Psalm 29:11)
11 The Lord will give strength to His people;
The Lord will bless His people with peace. Psalms 29:11
1. Despite what our enemies in this life may do, they cannot stop the blessings of God.